Thank you for posting!!! I wish I could have heard the history behind the gowns!!! U R so lucky!!!
Sorry if this is a repeat post--I haven't had much time to peruse the topics this weekend.
The premier was EXTREMELY well-done. We went into the theater and watched an adaptation of Felicity Learns a Lesson by four actresses from the American Girl Revue. They wore absolutely gorgeous colonial dresses. After that a costume historian spoke in detail about each of Elizabeth's dresses (meet, tea lesson, christmas, riding outfit, and night shift). It was wonderful to get the historical perspective and explanation behind each of the outfits, and I was so proud of American Girl for making it about the history, not just a sales presentation.
After that we went out into the historical collection area and had some refreshments and Elizabeth was available for sale. I've decided to wait two weeks until I'm in Chicago to buy her, so she's extra special. All of her other items are coming out Sept. 1, and if you want to buy Elizabeth at a store before then (with a club membership) you'll have to ask a sales person to get one for you, because I'm pretty sure the dolls won't be on display. Felicity's new accessories (everything the same except the hat and choker from the traveling gown set) also include four Felicity/Elizabeth trading cards.
When we exited the store they gave all the girls goody bags (I had to beg for one! [img]redface.gif[/img] ) that included a Meet Felicity poster and a Felicity/Elizabeth double bookmark/folded picture thingy signed by Valerie Tripp! It was a great presentation and I couldn't believe the tickets were free. Elizabeth is much more beautiful than I'd expected, and she doesn't look like Barbie to me at all...and I'm a pretty stubborn traditionalist when it comes to Felicity. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Thank you for posting!!! I wish I could have heard the history behind the gowns!!! U R so lucky!!!
Thanks for the review. It sounds very well done. Glad you were able to go and realy the info to us. Thanks again.
It sounds like you had a great time... the history of the gowns part sounds really intriguing. I wish I'd been there for that!
How wonderful that they discussed the outfits! Our event in Chicago was a little different. We had brunch (oh my gosh, so much food!) then went to the theater for the Felicity portion of Circle of Friends-the Faithful Friends Forever Be song. Then we went to the lobby of the theater where there were three displays covered in fabric. Each one was unveiled separately and then we got to browse and look at everything.
Did NY have the ark and dressing table? Chicago did not have those items in yet.
do you remeber any of the historacle stuff that they had to say?
I just came back, lol!!! Gabby it was fun meeting you, your Mom, Maria and Kailey with her mom!!! We had all a wonderful time! Yes, got my Elizabeth!!
The Historical stuff the speaker said was mostly on the fashion back them, about the lace and how they used it for other outfits, same lace as lace was so expensive back then. She also spoke on the pinnner caps and regular hats.
I loved the new dressed that Elizabeth is going to have. Her Riding Habit is pink! and well done! Her tea outfit is light blue and her Holiday outfit is white with trime of blue and green. Her nightgown is so pretty!!! It is white like Lissie's but had flowers on the chest area. And a pink ribbon on the mop cap.
I saw the new items, though we were NOT allowed to touch or take pics!
Lissie's Tea outfit is light green with flowrs on it! VERY nice looking!
Patriot is dark brown and wears a red horse blanket on him. The corral did not impress me for $78.
I LOVE the new Clothes Press, so different than the old one!!! It is dark brown and with drawers.
Elizabeth's bed is the same as Lissie's only wiht light blue curtains and bedspread.
And yes they had Lissie in the Travel outfit and accessories is the Travel outfit's mop cap, the choker, the old meet outfit bag, hankie and coin.
I
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did you see the inside of the clothes press? The drawers are fake. [img]frown.gif[/img] I think I would have liked it better if it had the drawers instead of the big open space it does have.Originally posted by AGTeacher:
I LOVE the new Clothes Press, so different than the old one!!! It is dark brown and with drawers.
Looking again at Tracy's pic of the new Clothes Press, it doesn't even look like there is enough room for the dresses to hang, they'll hit the tops of the blue storage boxes.
I think we were all excited to maybe see an antique settee type couch, that might've been nicer than this clothes press. I guess I need to see it in person though.
I was at teh primere too I went with Gabby and her mother and her freinds Maria and her daughet Kaiely. I took some pictures not many but enough so you all can get teh general idea. As it was in the theater and you were not allowed to take pictures. So I hope you enjoy the pictures that I did take. Here is the link to the primere pictures at New York.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2122954872
Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]
Bookmarks